This quick meal week ends with a salad turned sandwich. This has all the elements a a chicken caesar salad but transformed into a savory hot sandwich. The crunch you normal get from the croutons comes from the toasted roll. The dressing and Parmesan cheese is tossed with hot shredded chicken and placed on the toasty roll with a piece of romaine. Love it!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ to 1 cup Caesar dressing (I used Brianna's Asiago Caesar)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- pepper to taste
- 6 pieces romaine lettuce
- 6 hoagie style rolls or buns
- additional Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Place chicken in a slow cooker with 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred.
- Remove the water from the slow cooker.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and add the dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top.
- Stir until well combined. Cover and cook for 15 more minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, spread butter in the inside of the rolls and place under a broiler until toasted and golden brown.
- To serve top each roll with a piece of romaine, followed by the chicken mixture and addition Parmesan if desired.
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.