I am always on the look out for recipes I can make in my crock pot. I recently came across this recipe for Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce at a site called Framed- My Life One Picture at a Time and adapted it slightly .
Bolognese sauce is a meat based sauce for pasta. It’s more meaty that your regular spaghetti sauce. This recipe also makes a ton. I was able to safe half of it for another meal. It would work great to freeze also. If you wanted your sauce to have some more zip to it, you could also substitute some of the ground beef with Italian sausage. My family loved it just as is.
Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14 oz) cans chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Cook beef in large skillet until browned.
2. Transfer to 5 quart slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, mix well.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
4. Serve over your favorite pasta. Happy sigh.