I love bread so I tend to gravitate toward restaurants that have yummy bread and Texas Roadhouse happens to be one of those places. They have these beautiful rectangular rolls with cinnamon honey butter. The rolls are absolutely divine and fluffy.
I have found serveal recipes that are a copy cat version of their rolls and finally decided to give them a shot. The rolls didn’t turn out as soft and fluffy as the original but were still delicious. I think there must be something else that their rolls have that make them so fluffy and soft. I am wondering it uses something that is only available for commercial kitchen.
Now my family loved the honey butter, but I found it too sweet and the powdered sugar changed the texture of the butter. Next time, I am going to try to half the powdered sugar or stick with my go to cinnamon honey butter recipe.
|Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter||
- Roll dough:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast plus 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3-4 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Add yeast and 1 tsp sugar to the warm water. Set aside.
- Place milk in microwave for 45 seconds. Add butter to milk and stir in until butter is completely melted. Check the temp of the milk, it should be lukewarm, if not then allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Once yeast has doubled in volume, add yeast mixture to milk mixture in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the sugar and enough flour (about half) and mix until it reaches the consistency of a muffin batter. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add egg and salt to the mixture. Beat well. Add enough remaining flour to make flour to form soft dough.
- Knead dough in mixer with dough hook until smooth and satiny.
- Cover and let rise in a warm area until double in size.
- Once double in size punch and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Press of roll dough on a lightly floured surface. Shape into a long rectangle. Cut the rectangle in half using a pizza cutter and then cut each half into 6 pieces.
- Place on greased baking sheets and let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes. Until golden brown. Makes 1 dozen.
- To make the butter: Beat butter with hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat with mixer until well blended. Serve on warm rolls.