So I have seen how Carl’s Jr. fast food restaurants have a guacamole bacon burger an decided to try one at home. Now I haven’t tried the Carl’s Jr. version so I am not sure how it compares but I thought my version was delicious.
I kept the seasoning on the burger simple, but you can always jazz it up more if you’d like. I just thought, if you are having a guacamole bacon burger, then the guacamole and bacon should be the stars.
I also wanted a hearty burger, so I did 1/3 pound patties, but by all means, you can adjust the patty size to you liking. You could even go for store bought guacamole to save some time but this guac is really simple to whip together.
Be warned that this burger does get messy when you eat it, but it’s well worth the messiness! May a recommend slicing your burgers in half for easier consumption!
- 2 medium ripe avocados (ripe = soft to the touch)
- ½ small onion chopped
- ½ of a 4 oz can diced green chile peppers
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seed removed and chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef (you want some fat in the beef for juicy burger so don't choose the leanest meat)
- garlic salt
- 6 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 6 or so slices of fully cooked bacon (you at least need 1 for each burger but more is even better)
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- sliced red onion, tomato and lettuce if desired
Inspired by Carl’s Jr. Guacamole Burger