Today is the last day of cookie week and we are ending with one of my favorite cookies while growing up, Ranger Cookies. If you have never had a ranger cookie before, you must try one!
This cookie includes oats, coconut, and the best part – rice krispies. They give this cookie little pockets of crunch. I do think they are best if you eat them no later than the day after you make them.
- 1 cup shortening (I have used ½ cup butter and ½ cup shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together shortening, sugars, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt the add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in rolled oats, Rice Krispies, and coconut until well blended. Dough will be crumbly.
- Shape into walnut sized balls or use a cookie scoop and bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is the original photo from this post the above photo was updated in December 2017.