This recipe comes from My Sister’s Kitchen. I had malted milk powder in the house from the chocolate malted cupcakes I made a while ago and decided to give these waffles a try.
According to The Sister’s Kitchen, a lot of popular pancake places use malted milk in their pancake batter. I doubled the recipe below and was able to get 9 waffles. They were quick and easy to make. They also turned out nice and crisp.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 -4 Tbsp malted milk powder, to taste
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Separate egg. Beat white until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together butter, milk and egg yolk until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients. When batter is smooth, fold in egg white.
- Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions and cook waffles accordingly. Makes 3-4 waffles depending on the size of your waffle maker.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in March 2018.