Last year we planted strawberry plants, but you don’t get strawberries until the year. Well it’s that time now, and my husband and kids harvested our first batch.
My cute husband came in and immediately washed the strawberries. I told him you aren’t suppose to wash them, until your ready to use them. So I had to use up my strawberries. Luckily I had just found this recipe for Fresh Strawberry Muffins from A Recipe A Day.
This muffins were tender and delicious. The down side is you really have to make these the day you bake them. I put some in a container for the next day and they were not so great. Because the strawberries have a lot of moisture in them and the muffins are so moist, they get gooey and gross the next day.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries
- 3 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture. Add vanilla. Gently stir in strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 400º for 20-25 minutes. Makes one dozen muffins. (Make sure you eat them the day you bake them. They aren't so great the next day.)