I am really starting to get the feel of spring. It’s getting me to want more spring type food. This recipe was one I found on Good Stuff Maynard. It’s a recipe from Shanna K. I usually always like her recipes.
I did change the recipe a little to fit my family’s tastes. It is a delicious salad. The chow mein noodles and sugared almonds were an excellent addition. This would be great to serve at a bridal shower or baby shower too! I served with the recipe I have for 30 minute rolls.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 2 cups diced celery
- 3 green onion, diced (I used green tops only)
- 1 can mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- chow mein noodles
- sugared almonds (as many as you’d like, I like lots)
- *to toast just place 2-3 Tbsp. sugar in a skillet with slivered almonds , heat until almonds are
- toasty brown (and then remove quickly so they don’t burn!)
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- Combine all ingredients except almonds and noodles.
- Mix the dressing together and add enough dressing to blend. You probably won’t need all the dressing.
- Add the almonds and noodles and additional dressing right before serving (so they are crispy!). Serves 4-6.
This is the original photo for this recipe. The above photo was updated in June 2017.