Apples and caramel are another fabulous fall flavor combination. Today’s recipe incorporates that winning combination.
Apple pie filling gets drizzled with caramel sauce and then topped with a cream cheese filling. It then is all encased in flaky crescent dough. To finish it all off, it gets a final drizzle of icing.
The key to this recipe is to make sure the dough gets cooked all the way through. It can look done on the outside but not on the inside. So before you decide if it is cooked all the way, you want to peek inside the ring to made sure the dough is fully cooked.
- 1 (8 oz) brick softened Cream Cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough
- 21 oz apple pie filling
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat together until combine and smooth.
- On a pizza pan, arrange crescent triangles in ring forming a 6-inch circle in center. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun.(see picture in post)
- Spoon apple pie filling in a ring over the overlapping portion of the crescent dough. Drizzle caramel sauce over the apple filling. Then place spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture over the top of the pie filling.
- Take all of the points of the crescent dough, overlapping the filling and pinch the points with the dough in the center.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden and dough is cooked all the way through. Serves 16.
Recipe adapted from Cincy Shopper.