I think just about any sandwich is great if it is made on a croissant. I also think chicken salad is especially good when served on a croissant. That creamy chicken salad is perfect placed in the center of a buttery flaky croissant.
This version of creamy chicken salad has the ingredients included in it that you would find on a loaded baked potato – sour cream, cheese, green onion, and bacon. Then you have your usual chicken salad ingredients of chicken, mayo, and celery. It all works perfectly together.
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 diced green onion
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled slices of bacon
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup light sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 5 large croissants, split
- In a bowl, add the chicken, celery, cheese, green onion, and bacon. Then add in the may and sour cream and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve on the croissants.
Recipe adapted from The Pinning Mama.