Teriyaki chicken is a good family friendly meal. The kids are always up for that sweet sauce paired with chicken.
Today’s recipe takes that regular teriyaki chicken to another level. The chicken gets placed on a sandwich along with ham, pineapple, and cheese. The final results are AMAZING!
The chicken gets marinade in teriyaki sauce and cooked on the grill. The pineapple also get grilled and coated with sauce. It’s another great recipe to enjoy while we still can grill.
- 1 bottle Lawry's Teriyaki sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 4 chicken breasts, flattened to ¼ inch thickness
- 8 thin slices of deli ham
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 large hamburger buns
- In a bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce with the brown sugar. Pour half on the sauce into a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken to the bag and zip closed. Toss chicken around in the bag to coat well with the sauce. Place in the fridge and marinate for 4-5 hours.
- With the remaining sauce, divide between 2 bowls and place in the fridge until grilling time.
- After chicken has marinated, preheat grill to medium.
- Grill chicken until fully cooked using one of the bowls of reserved sauce to brush with while cooking. Then grill the pineapple slice and brushing with the other bowl of sauce. This only takes like a minute or so per side.
- Assemble sandwiches by splitting bun open, the place a slice of cheese, 2 slices of ham, a couple pineapple slices and a chicken breast on the bottom half of the bun. Place on bun top and serve. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Family Favorite Recipes.