Cheesecake is one of those desserts that come in an array of flavors. Take any dessert flavor and you can turn it into a cheesecake.
Well today is #nationalcheesecakeday and I have 16 ways that you can celebrate this fabulous day! I have worked with the #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers to put this amazing collection together.
My contribution is turning a key lime pie into cheesecake squares. It is paired with a coconut graham cracker crust. Then you have a cheesecake layer flavored with key lime juice. To finish off the squares, you top them with some whipped cream, toasted coconut, and a lime wedge. They are tasty and look beautiful.
- For the Crust:
- 1¼ cup graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of crackers)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes*
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- For the Cream Cheese mixture:
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup key lime juice
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs room temperature
- For the garnish:
- Sliced Key limes
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 inch pan with foil and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and coconut together with melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of the prepared 9 x 9 inch pan.
- In the bowl, whip the cream cheese and sugar together with a mixer until smooth. Add in the lime juice and whipping cream and mix to combine. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until combined. Pour over crust and bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes until center is set.
- Cool in pan on a cooling rack for 1 hour and then refrigerate at least 3 hours before cutting. Serve garnished with whipped cream, coconut, and lime slices. Serves 9.
Recipe adapted from Garnish and Glaze.
Celebrating Food Holidays Bloggers Cheesecake Recipes (all pictured above)
Lemon Meringue Pie Cheesecake from Ashlee Marie
Cheesecake Brownies from Creations by Kara
Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Pretty Providence
Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles from Crumb Blog
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake from Savory Experiments
No Bake Berry Cheesecake Parfait from An Italian in my Kitchen
Dairy Free Cheesecake from Namely Marly
Cappuccino Cheesecake from Simply Stacie
Chocolate Almond Cheesecake in Jars from Premeditated Leftovers
No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake Mousse from The Baker Upstairs
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Super Golden Bakes
Instant Pot Cheesecake from My Mommy Style
More Cheesecake Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen