It is lemon week!!!!!! I seriously look forward to this week every single year. It’s a little later in the year than I usually do it, but I couldn’t let this year go by with out a lemon week.
I love anything lemon! And my daughter now shares that same love for lemon. We just love it’s bright burst of flavor and we will take it any way we can get it. You seriously need to take some time this week to peruse the archives of our other lemon recipes. The lemon cupcakes are one of our favorites and I always get request for them by other who have tasted them.
Today I have a easy lemon pie bar for you. This is different from a lemon bar. This bar has a soft almost sugar cookie-like consistency as the base that encases luscious lemon pie filling. Then it all gets topped with a lemony sweet glaze.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (21 oz) can Duncan Hines Wilderness lemon creme pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, and extracts together. Add in eggs, beating after each addition. Add flour and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Place 3 cups of the batter on a greased 13x18 sheet pan and spread evenly in the pan. Spread pie filling on top of dough. Drop remaining dough by tablespoonfuls on top of pie filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled bars just before serving. Serves 20.
Recipe adapted from Julie’s Easts and Treats.