I love how with just a few ingredients you can make a awesome marinade. I also love to use my grill as much as I can for summer meals.
This version is a bbq chicken with a Hawaiian flair. It uses bbq sauce along with pineapple juice and a few other ingredients. You also grill some pineapple slices along with it. Grilled pineapple is the bomb dot com!
I paired this chicken with a Hawaiian macaroni salad. I will be sharing that recipe tomorrow so be sure to head back!
- 1 (15 oz) can pineapple slices
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- Drain juice off canned pineapple and add to a bowl along with bbq sauce, soy sauce and garlic. Whisk together.
- Add half of the mixture to a gallon sized freezer bag. Then add the oil and chicken to the freezer bag. Seal and mix well. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- Cover the remaining sauce mixture in the bowl and place in the fridge. Place pineapple slice in a container and place in the fridge also.
- When ready, preheat grill to medium. Grill chicken for 6-8 minutes per side. Also, grill the pineapple slices for about 1-2 minutes per side.
- When chicken is cook though remove from grill and brush with the reserve sauce in the bowl and serve with pineapple slices. Serve 4-6.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.