Father’s Day is this Sunday and what are your plans for Dad? Well, this week I am gonna help you out with that, if you are still trying to figure out your plans.
I have an awesome waffle recipe you can make dad to start off his day with. I have made waffles before using sour cream, so the concept of using greek yogurt would work just as well, but it gives you a higher protein content. Most Dads enjoy protein packed meals because the get fueled better with protein and can go longer without feeling hungry.
The other added bonus you get with Greek yogurt is what you also get with sour cream, you get a tender waffle. However, if you over mix it, you will end up with a tough waffle. So it is key you don’t over mix!
Be sure to come back tomorrow. I have a fantastic recipe for a syrup to serve these waffles with. It is highly addictive and Dad will love it!
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ Tbsp baking powder
- 4½ Tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2¼ cups milk
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and cornstarch.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla and milk. together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet into the well. Whisk batter until combined. (Make sure not to over mix)
- Cook waffles according to your waffle maker instructions.
- Serve waffles immediately with fruit, syrup, and whipped cream if desired. Makes 9 waffles depending on the waffle maker used.
Recipe adapted from Chef Savvy.