I have had salads before with ramen noodles, but they have been left uncooked. Sometimes that are toasted in butter. Either way they are uses more as a topping instead of a base for the salad.
This recipe uses cooked ramen noodles as the base of the salad. The noodles get coated in a tasty homemade dressing. The salad also includes chicken, coleslaw mix, green onion, and almonds.
This recipe is the end of salad week. I hope you have some fun new salads to try this summer whether as a main dish or a side at your next summer bbq!
- 4 packages ramen
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red peppers
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced (greens only)
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (with carrots and red cabbage)
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Discard the spice packets from the ramen noodles. Cook ramen a minute less than the instructions.
- While the ramen, in a bowl, add canola oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, salt, honey. Whisk together until combined.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the dressing and toss the noodles with the rest of the dressing while hot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients including the reserved dressing and toss well. Chill and serve.
Recipe adapted from Dinner Then Dessert.