Today’s salad recipe is one that is full of flavor. It has a flavorful dressing along with many ingredients in the salad that are flavorful too!
This salad includes summer sausage, provolone cheese, marinated artichokes, and stuffed olives. I love the saltiness that the stuffed olives have but you could always use regular old black olives, which are less salty in flavor, in their place. I just love the flavor combination of these ingredients. It’s like an Italian sub but in salad form.
This is another salad that is hearty enough you can serve it as a main dish or share it as a pot luck meal.
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- 3 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cubed summer sausage
- 1 cup cubed Provolone (or Mozzarella)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts , drained and chopped
- ¼ cup pimento stuffed olives , halved
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, add the Romaine, chickpeas, sausage, cheese, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, green onions along with the cooked pasta.
- In a mason jar or dressing bottle, add all the dressing ingredients. Cover with the lid and shake until completely combined and thickened. Drizzle over salad ingredients and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill for an hour.
Recipe adapted from Belly Full.