School ended this last Friday for my daughter and my middle son graduated from high school last Thursday. So as far as I am concerned, it is now summer.
Summer is a time for salads and pot luck gatherings. So this week I decided to share all things salad. All of the recipes this week make a cool and easy family dinner or the are perfect to take along to whatever summer party you may be attending.
The week is starting of with this delicious salad that incorporates the flavors found in a turkey club sandwich. You also just use your favorite ranch dressing for this salad, but the addition of fresh chives gives it a fantastic fresh flavor.
- 8 oz shell pasta (approximately 3 cups)
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cut in small cubes
- 1½ cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups cooked roasted turkey breast, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh chives,diced
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, then rise with cold water and drain well. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, add pasta, lettuce, cheddar, tomatoes, bacon, turkey breast, 2 tablespoons chives and toss.
- When ready to serve, top with ranch and toss. Sprinkle with remaining chives.
Recipe adapted from Small Town Woman.