My family loves mashed potatoes and gravy! They would love to have it at least once a week if they could. The recipe I have for you today makes it easy enough that they could have it weekly.
This recipe for hamburger gravy is like having salisbury steak with out having to make and form patties. Instead you choppy up the beef and have it with the gravy but it has the flavor that you would expect from salisbury steak with gravy.
Of course my family loved this and now I feel like I can make this just about anytime my family is asking for a mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. I love that it is full and flavor and a cinch to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 5 tsp Better Than Bouillon or bouillon granules
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- Hot mashed potatoes for serving (I would cook 5 lbs for this recipe)
- In a skillet, add ground beef with steak seasoning and cook while breaking up.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk water, bouillon, gravy mix and cornstarch together. Once beef is fully cook and drained of any excess grease, add in the gravy mixture. Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened. If too thick, you can always this with a little water.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from A Bear in the Kitchen.