I have a new favorite sauce for pasta! I do love a good alfredo sauce and this is like an alfredo sauce but taken to a whole new level.
This creamy sauce has just the right amount of pesto and sundried tomatoes in it to pack a nice and flavorful punch. The trick with the sundried tomatoes is to microwave them and then chop up in the food processor. This way, little bits of tomato are throughout the entire sauce.
Oh, and don’t for get the pesto. Just use a couple of tablespoons of prepared pesto will do. Pesto is one of those ingredients that is so full of flavor that a little can go a long way!
Now you can always serve this with any kind of pasta but it is super amazing served over cheese tortellini or cheese ravioli! So easy to make and so flavorful. Your taste buds will thank you for this one!
- 36 oz frozen ravioli
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, drained (the kind that is packed in olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1½ cups milk
- 6 oz light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp pesto
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions.
- While the ravioli cooks, place the sundried tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds until hot. Add hot tomatoes to a food processor and pulse until chopped into fine pieces. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour. Once blended slow add in milk and cook until thickened. Add in cream cheese, pesto, salt, pepper, and the chopped sun dried tomatoes. Once combined well, add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Top each serving with parmesan cheese. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from A Bear in the Kitchen.