I have another breakfast recipe for you to use up leftover Easter ham. If you don’t have leftovers, you can just pick some up from the grocery store.
Now I am always hesitant of any recipe being called the best. So many recipes can be awesome so I hate to call one the best. I do think this one is worthy of this title. It really is amazing. It doesn’t eliminate other awesome recipes but if you have to pick just one, this could be it.
This recipe doesn’t really have anything too crazy in it. I think the ratio of eggs to hashbrowns is part of the reason this is so good. Of course, ham adds amazing flavor. However, the one ingredient that really makes this taste fabulous and worthy of “the best” title is the pepper jack cheese. It adds just the right amount of bite. It’s not to spicy, but just adds the perfect amount of flavor to this casserole.
- 1 (24 oz) pkg frozen shredded potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1½ cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 2 cup diced ham
- Spray a 9x13 inch dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the frozen and shredded potatoes to the bottom of the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, half and half, and season salt together until well blended. Add in cheddar cheese, pepper jack, and chopped ham and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over the frozen potatoes. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- In the morning, bake covered in foil at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.