Growing up coffee cake was a treat. My mom only made it a couple times a year, but it was highly anticipated.
We loved that soft moist cake topped with that sugary sweet cinnamon topping. We would enjoy it for breakfast paired with eggs and some kind of breakfast meat.
Well, today is #coffeecakeday . A day most worthy of celebrating in my book. Now even though I am use to enjoying coffee cake for breakfast, it also makes a great dessert.
I have a wonderful coffee cake recipe for this day of celebration for you. It is similar to the coffee cake I enjoyed growing up, but it includes peaches. My family loves peaches and also loved them in this coffee cake.
To add to the celebration, I teamed up with the #celebratingfoodholidays to provide you with 27 wonderful coffee cake recipes. Who knew their were so many different kinds of coffee cake!
- 2 Tbsp shortening
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⅔ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can sliced peaches, drained
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a round cake pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar together. Add in egg and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add this mixture alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Spread mixture into the bottom of the prepared cake pan and top with peach slices.
- In another bowl, cut the topping ingredients together and sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 3o minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Coffee Cake Recipes (all pictured above)
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake from Ashlee Marie
Coconut Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake from Creations by Kara
Lemon Rhubarb Coffee Cake from Crumb
Coffee Cake Muffins from Pretty Providence
Sour Cream Coffee Cake from Savory Experiments
Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake from The Baker Upstairs
Easy Carrot Coffee Cake from An Italian in my Kitchen
Coffee Cake Muffins (Vegan) from Namely Marly
Slow Cooker Coffee Cake from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins from My Mommy Style
Mason Jar Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake from Premeditated Leftovers
Grandma’s Cinnamon Coffee Cake from Simply Stacie
Apple Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping from Super Golden Bakes
More Coffee Cake Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Maple Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Bright and Sunny Lemon Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Easy Blueberry Coffee Cake
Sweet Orange and Toasted Almond Coffee Cake
Caramelized Peach Upside Down Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake in a Mug
Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Mini Blueberry Coffee Cakes
Streusel Coffee Cake
Mini Peach Streusel Coffee Cakes