My family still loves to have sloppy joes. You would think with my kids being 21, 18, and 14 that they would have grown out of them, but no. They still love them.
This recipe today takes the flavor of sloppy joes and turns it into a one pot pasta dish. It delicious and easy to clean up.
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 1(15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Grated cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion together until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in the salt, vinegar, tomato paste and stir until combined with the beef.
- Add the beef broth and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and be sure it’s covered.with the broth. Simmer for about ten minutes or so until the pasta almost cooked through and most of the liquid as been absorbed.
- Mix in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for another 5 minutes until the pasta cooked. Serve topped with grated cheddar cheese.
Recipe adapted from Amanda’s Cookin’.