Now that I showed you how to make your own sweet and sour sauce, I have a quick meal that you can make to utilize that sauce.
Once you make the sauce, you only need a few ingredients to get this meal on the table. One of the items that makes this dish easy to put together is frozen stir fry vegetables. I get a big bag of them from Sam’s Club. They are easy too just throw into a stir fry.
I also serve this stir fry with extra sweet and sour sauce so my family can add more if they want. Most of them usually do.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ lbs chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 cups frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce
- hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add in the frozen vegetables and cook until tender about 6-7 minutes. Drain off any liquid if needed.
- Pour 1 cup of sweet and sour sauce over the vegetables and meat and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.