This burrito filling is super satisfying. It includes chicken, beans, and rice. The other thing is it is extremely easy to make.
This filling is all made in the slow cooker. It is full of flavor and I love that it is all made in one pot! Wether you like you burrito as is or smothered, you will love this filling.
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp.pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1½ - 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups uncooked Minute® rice
- In the slow cooker combine the the onion, bell pepper, pinto beans, cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and salsa.
- Place the chicken on top of the mixture. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening.
- Remove chicken and shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add the chicken back in along with the minute rice and combine. Cover and cook on high for 20 minutes more or until ice in tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.