This soup today includes, chicken, vegetables, and a creamy cheesy base. It is also ready to go in about 30 minutes.
I love to use rotisserie chicken for this along with red potatoes. It just helps make this soup come together quickly. No need to cook the chicken and no need to peel potatoes. My family is always more likely to eat their veggies if it is included in a soup rather than as a side dish.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- In a stockpot, bring chicken broth to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add in potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add flour and mix well. Gradually stir in milk; cook over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Mix in cheese and cook until melted; add to broth mixture along with chicken. Cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.