This is the last of the waffle recipes and this one is a recipe that people with love or hate. You either love pecans or ya don’t. I happen to love pecans.
This waffle has pecans in the waffle itself and then is topped with more. To finish off the waffles, you add chopped pecans to maple syrup or you can add them to this spiced buttermilk syrup, which I think would be even better!
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cup milk
- 4 Tbsp melted and cooled butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- ½ cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add in the milk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir just until combined then fold in ⅓ cup of the pecans.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
- Add remaining pecans to the syrup and serve over waffles. Makes 4-6 waffles.
Recipe adapted from Momtastic.