One undeniable thing about sausage is the amazing flavor it can add to any dish you add it to. It really packs a flavor punch!
This soup reminds me of a sausage and potato dish that my family loves and to have those flavors in a tasty creamy soup is fabulous.
This is also made in the slow cooker so it’s really a no fuss meal. You just cook it until the potatoes and tender and dinner is ready.
- 1 cup cream
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ -2 lbs smoked sausage, cut in half and then sliced
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp all purpose seasoning (like Mrs. Dash, I use the one from Costco)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the cream and cornstarch in the slow cooker and whisk together until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cheese and stir to combine. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Add in the shredded cheese and stir until melted. Makes 5-6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Miss in the Kitchen.