I have a new favorite pasta sauce! It tastes amazing and is super simple to make. I am more than happy to just have some good old cooked pasta if it’s topped with this sauce.
This is suppose to be a copy cat version of Olive Garden’s 5 cheese marinara sauce. I haven’t ever had that sauce at Olive Garden so I am not sure how it compares, but I love it either way.
It does make a lot of sauce so you have plenty to enjoy. If you have a smaller family you could easily get 2 meals out of this recipe.
Technically, this sauce has more than 5 cheeses in it with the way I make it but, I’m still calling it a 5 cheese sauce. I use a bag of Italian cheese blend which has a great combination. However, you could buy 4 different cheeses and do your own Italian blend if you prefer. It’s just easier and more cost effective for me to just grab a bag of shredded Italian cheese blend to make this.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 (24 oz) jars marinara sauce
- 1 (16 oz) jar alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- hot cooked pata
- In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil until tender. Add in garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Then mix in the marinara sauce and alfredo sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the Italian cheese, ricotta and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes to let the cheese melt and the flavor marry together.
- Serve the sauce over hot cooked pasta. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Clarks Condensed.