Happy Pi Day! Today is pi day because it is 3/14 and Pi (Greek letter “π”) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. Do you get it? So celebrate mathematics today and eat a piece of pie!
I’m joining in the fun today with a tasty new pie recipe along with 21 other recipes to pick from. The raspberry cream pie recipe I’m sharing begins with a graham cracker crust. You can make your own or just buy one already made at the store.
Next is where the cream comes in. You make a simple fluffy cream layer using cream, sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla. Even though there is cream cheese in there, it doesn’t take like a cheesecake. It just tastes like a luscious cream layer. The cream cheese basically helps to stabilize the whipping cream.
Last is the raspberry layer. This is accomplished with using raspberries, raspberry Jello, sugar, water and lemon juice. This pie is so delicious. It’s like eating raspberries on a cloud!
Then you have to check out the other 21 pie recipes that I have put together with the #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers. If raspberry isn’t up your alley, I am sure you can find some kind of pie that you would love to devour in the collection we put together! We have both sweet and savory.
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 1 (8 oz) pkg light cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 (6 oz) pkg raspberry Jello
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen raspberries
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together until well combined.
- In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until it forms soft peaks. Fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture and spread into the prepared pie crust. Place in the refrigerator until the raspberry topping is ready.
- In a microwave safe bowl, bring the 1¼ cups of water to a boil. Then mix in the Jello, sugar, and lemon juice for 2 minutes until the Jello is dissolved. Allow to cool and place in the refrigerator until the mixture is syrup like. This won't take too long. Check every 5 minutes or so.
- Partially thaw the raspberries in the microwave and mix into the jello mixture when it is the syrup consistency. Spread over the top of the pie. Place back in the fridge for at least 1 hour and then serve. Serves 6-8.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Pie Recipes (all pictured above)
Shepherds Pie from Ashlee Marie
Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie from Life Made Simple
Strawberry Chocolate Pie from Baking with Blondie
Vegan Berry Pie with Sugar Cookie Crust from Namely Marly
Lemon Meringue Pie from The Baker Upstairs
Pineapple Fluff Pie from Yellow Bliss Road
Instant Pot or Crockpot Beef Pot Pie from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
German Chocolate Pie from Creations by Kara
Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuit Crust from Hey Grill, Hey
Meat and Potatoes Pie from Foodie with Family
Coconut Custard Pie from Gather For Bread
More Pie Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Chocolate Haupia Pie
Sugar Cream Pie
Individual Chicken Pot Pies
Christmas Morning Pie (this is still good at other times that just Christmas morning)
Simple S’mores Pie
Strawberry Cream Puff Pie
Chicken and Cheese Tortilla Pie
Lemon Supreme Pie
Frozen Key Lime Pie
Easy Puff Pastry Pie