Who doesn’t like the combination of chocolate with bananas? This combination works great in these muffins. It is one of my family’s favorite muffins. They are very moist and delicious. They have a wonderful chocolate flavor with a hint of banana.
The recipe calls for mini chocolate chips. I prefer to use regular sized. I like the bigger chunks of chocolate. Plus, I rarely have the mini’s in my pantry. I add the chocolate chips to the dry ingredients before you combine them with the wet. This prevents the regular chocolate chips from sinking in the muffin batter. This recipe came from Taste of Home.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I use regular sized)
- 1-1/3 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full (mine are usually completely full). Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: 1 dozen.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in March 2014.