I have a couple of sloppy joe recipes that I tend to always make. That was, up until I tried this recipe.
This version is simple and tasty. It is made with ingredients I always keep on hand. The salsa really adds nice flavor. I also love the pepper jack cheese that is added in there too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (10¾ oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 6-8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 large or 8 small hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef in skillet and drain.
- Add salsa, tomato soup, and brown sugar. Cover and cook on medium low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hamburger buns topped with a slice of pepper jack cheese. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Mostly Homemade Mom.