There is a restaurant that started here in Utah called Cafe Zupas. It is one of my favorite places to eat. They have amazing soups and salads.
My husband loves to order their Wisconsin Cauliflower soup. It’s a blended soup that is smooth and cheesy. So I made an attempt to make an at home version.
This version is delicious but not exactly the same in flavor as the version at Zupas. They have a blend of spices I haven’t quite figured out. I do love knowing my family is getting vegetables when they eat this and they don’t even care that there is cauliflower in this soup!
- 1 (32 oz) box or 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower cut into chunks, discard green part
- 1 cup diced leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- Optional toppings - additional shredded cheese, french fried onions, and crumbled bacon
- In your slow cooker, add the broth, cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Then use and immersion blender to blend the soup or blend in a blender until smooth. If using a blender remember to not put the lid on tight. If you put the lid on tight with hot liquid inside a blender, you'll end up with a soup explosion! Also, if using the blender place soup back in crock pot after blending.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and cream. Allow cheese to melt and stir until well blended. Add in the salt to taste.
- Serve topped with desired toppings. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Real Housemoms.