A while back, I shared a tasty recipe for chicken pot pie soup. It is tasty but does take a little effort to make.
Today, I have an easier version of that soup. This one is made in the slow cooker and uses some frozen veggies to make life easier. You do have to chopped some potatoes, onion, and celery, but it is well worth it.
Serve up with biscuits. You can even place one of top of the soup!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1½ cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3½ cup diced potatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2½ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ cup cream
- ⅓ cup flour
- In a 5-6 qt crock pot, add the chicken, vegetables, seasonings,and chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove bat leaf from slow cooker along with chicken. Discard bay leaf and shred chicken. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together cream and flour. Slow add wgile mixing to the slow cooker and cook for 30 more minutes or until thicken. Serves 6-8
Recipe adapted from Baked by Rachel.