I must admit, I am a sucker for pasta coated in creamy goodness especially if mushrooms are involved. I just can’t resist it.
Today is one of those recipes that called my name. Come on Laura, come make this deliciously creamy pasta dish! So I answered the call and am so glad I did.
It is the new year and people are wanting healthy goodness, but we are all still entitled to an occasional splurge of pure comfort. This is it! On those days you get a hankering for some down right creamy nourishment, make this dish. If you don’t have turkey then go for chicken. Those rotisserie ones from the store would be magnificent.
- 8 oz uncooked linguini (break in half)
- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 diced onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups of diced cooked turkey (or chicken will do)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- green onion, optional for garnish
- 1 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to pkg. then toss with 1 Tbsp of the butter.
- Spray a 7 x 11 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and add cooked pasta to the dish.
- In a skillet, melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter and add mushrooms and onion. Season with some salt and pepper to taste and cook until tender and onions are translucent.
- Add in the can of mushroom soup along with the milk, poultry seasoning, and cheddar cheese. Cook until well combine and cheese is melted.
- Place turkey on top of pasta in dish and then pour the sauce over pasta and turkey.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with green onion if desired and serve. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Cooks It Up.