So my two favorite pies are coconut and pecan. Either one is what I like to pick for Thanksgiving.
I have seen variations of pecan with chocolate before, but never with pretzel pieces too. I decided I had to give it a try. It was delish! I love the whole sweet and salty combo. If you love pecan pie, this variation is definitely worth it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ¾ cups mini pretzels (about 18), broken into pieces
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 uncooked (9-inch) pie crust (purchase or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Fold in the pecans, pretzel pieces, and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cover pie with foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until filling is puffed and center is just set.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from Woman’s Day.