Today’s appetizer is one that can be prepared at the last minute. That is one of the great things about shrimp, they cook fast. About 2 hours before your party, you place the shrimp in a simple marinade. Then before the guest arrive or even as they arrive, you cook the shrimp in the oven. They cooking in 4 minutes – 2 minutes per side.
Not only are they easy to make but they are also delicious.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- pepper to taste
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined (don’t use smaller than 31-40 per pound)
- In a gallon sized ziploc bag, combine all of the ingredients except shrimp. Seal bag. Knead the bag to combine marinade.
- Add shrimp to bag and seal. Turn to coat shrimp with marinade and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pour shrimp out onto lined baking sheet. Broil for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp and broil for 2 more minutes until shrimp are pink.
Recipe adapted from Simple and Delicious Oct/Nov 2013 issue.