I decided to share another pie recipe with you today. This is a simple pie that I slightly adapted from a Taste of Home recipe. There is no reason you can’t make a pie with this recipe. It’s that easy and is a family favorite. You can’t loose.
This pie is made with a nilla wafer crust so it’s kind of along the lines of a southern banana pudding but in pie form. However, you can always opt for a regular pie crust or even a graham cracker crust and it will still taste amazing.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping
- 1 (9 in) nilla wafer cracker crust (graham cracker or a regular prepared pie shell work too)
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 heaping Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Additional banana slices, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the milk and pudding mix together on low speed for 2 minutes; beat in vanilla. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with the 3 bananas cut into slices and remaining pudding mixture.
- Whip cream and powdered sugar until thick and fluffy. Spread on top of pie. Garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving. This is best served the same day. Makes 6-8 servings.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in Nov. 2017.