Today’s #EggoWaffleOff recipe is one I made for dessert. However, my family would be more than happy to eat it for breakfast too. I wanted to take the whole idea of a Boston cream pie, but made with Eggo Waffles. This was one of my favorite recipes of the 7 I made.
Even though it is a Boston Cream Pie Waffles, to me it tastes like a eclair. The waffle has the taste and texture of a pate a choux. This paired with the rich vanilla pastry cream and chocolate topping is the perfect combination. It is the perfect treat to have when I am in mood for an eclair. Whether you look at it as a Boston Cream Pie or Eclair, it is delish!
Remember you can enter the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page and entering your very own recipe. You could be the winner of $5,000!
- 8 Eggo Homestyle or Buttermilk Waffles, toasted according to package
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. French vanilla or vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, beat together the pudding mix, 3/4 cup whipping cream, and 3/4 cup milk for 2 minutes. Place in the refrigerator.
- in a microwave safe bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream with 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Then microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate chips are melted and is well combined.
- Place 4 of the toasted waffles on serving plates. Divide pudding mixture between the waffles. Spread the pudding evenly over the 4 waffles.
- Top with the remaining 4 waffles. Pour the chocolate mixture over each of the 4 waffles allowing some of the chocolate to run down the sides. Serves 4.
Real Mom Kitchen Original Recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided the tools to make this recipe along with compensation from Eggo. As always, my opinions are my own.