The will be no Menu Plan Monday post today, because I have a special week planned. Right now, Eggo Waffles is holding a “Great Waffle Off !” contest. They asked me to be a “Chief Waffle Officer” to help spread the word about the contest and give you some #EggoWaffleOff inspiration. I will be sharing some new and fun ways to use Eggo Waffles.
From now until April 7, I will be sharing a new recipe each day using one of Eggo’s waffle products. I must say, there were a couple that are my favorites but they all turned out to be quite tasty. It should be a fun week and wouldn’t it be great if one of you were the winner?
You can enter the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page and entering your very own recipe. You could be the winner of $5,000! Who wouldn’t love that?
Well, Eggo Waffles aren’t just for breakfast anymore. There are many fun and yummy ways to enjoy them at other times of the day – lunch, dinner, snack time, and even for dessert! Today’s recipe that I created can be served up for lunch or dinner. I decided to make a sandwich using Eggo Waffles. I really wanted to make a breakfast sandwich that incorporates both sweet and savory flavors.
I ended up with this delicious Monte Cristo Sandwich – slices of turkey and ham along with a slice of swiss cheese sandwiched in beween 2 Eggo waffles. Then it gets dipped into an egg batter and is fried in a little butter. Plenty of savory there, now for the sweet! You finish it by sprinkling the sandwich with a little powdered sugar and serve it up with some raspberry jam (0r strawberry jam) for dipping.
Eggo has also provided me with a giveaway to give one lucky RMK reader. This giveaway includes an Eggo Expand-O Waffle Holder, Eggo Warm N’ Pour Syrup Container, Waffle Tote bag, and the Eggo Recipes. To enter, You have until Sunday April 7 at midnight (MST) to enter. See the Rafflecoppter widget at the bottom of this post to enter. See official giveaway rules here.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 Eggo Homestyle or Buttermilk Waffles, thawed
- 12 thin slices turkey breast
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices Black Forest or other ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- In a wide, shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk to combine.
- Lay out 4 Eggo Waffles on a work surface and top each with 2 slices turkey, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham. Then top each with one of the remaining 4 Eggo Waffles.
- Warm a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Melt butter (if pan is not large enough to accommodate all 4 sandwiches, melt half of butter and cook sandwiches in 2 batches). When butter sizzles, swirl pan to coat.
- Carefully dip each sandwich in egg mixture, turning to lightly coat both sides. Shake off excess egg mixture.
- Lay sandwiches in hot pan. Cook, turning once, until sandwiches are well-browned on both sides.
- To serve, cut sandwiches in half and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve jam alongside sandwiches for dipping. Serves 4.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided the tools to make this recipe along with compensation from Eggo. As always, my opinions are my own.