Today’s slow cooker recipe is a soup that utilizes Progresso’s new Recipe Starter. This recipe specifically uses the roasted garlic flavor. I was excited to try them out when I saw them at the store. Plus, they happen to be on sale for $1.50 and then I had a 50 cents off coupon. Well worth trying for $1. My oldest son especially loved this one. I can pretty much get the boys in my house to eat about anything if there is bacon involved.
- 9 slices bacon
- 1 small diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (16 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso Creamy Roasted Garlic Recipe Starter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, turning occasionally, until browned and crispy. Remove from skillet, reserving fat in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towel, then refrigerate.
- In same skillet, cook onion in bacon fat over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix onion, carrot, red pepper, potatoes, corn, creamed corn, sugar, and Progresso Creamy Garlic Recipe Starter.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours until potatoes are tender.
- In small bowl, beat flour and milk together with wire whisk until well blended; stir into soup.Crumble reserved cooked bacon and mix into soup. Cover; cook about 30 minutes or less until thickened. Serves 4-6
Recipe adapted from Taste and Tell.