It is S’more week again at RMK. I really enjoyed doing it last year so I decided I needed to include it again this summer. This time I planned it around National S’mores day which will be this Friday Aug the 10th! We are beginning the week with these cute little mini s’mores pies. Kids love the mini size and adults love that they are portion controlled. You make everyone happy with these.
Now the recipe includes a little sweetened condensed milk drizzled over the top of the mashmallows. This ingredient isn’t necessary but it helps achieve that nice toasted marshmallow look on top of the pies. You can always turn the rest of the can of sweetened condensed milk into some dulce de leche if you are concerned about opening an entire can to make this recipe.
|Mini S’mores Pies||
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream, divided
- 6 mini graham cracker crusts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- additional chocolate chips for garnish, if desired
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine both chocolate chips along with 1/4 cup of the whipping cream.
- Place in the microwave on high for 30 seconds and give it a stir. Then microwave for 10 second interval until the mixture is smooth and all the chips have melted.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream along with the melted chocolate mixture. Blend using an electric hand mixer to 2 minutes.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 6 mini graham cracker pie shells. If you have any extra just pour it into a small bowl to eat by itself.
- Place the pies in the fridge and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Before serving, turn your oven on to broil.
- Divide the marshmallows evenly over the tops of the pies. Then drizzles some of the sweetened condensed milk over the marshmallows on each of the pies.
- Place the pies on a baking sheet and broil in the oven, leaving the door cracked.
- Watch the pies and allow them to brown slightly on the top and remove immediately from the oven.
- Garnish each pie with a few extra chocolate chips if desired and serve.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.