Heart Shaped Glazed Doughnuts
- 1 cup warm milk (around 110 degrees)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 package instant yeast
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 11 Tbsp. butter (not hot, just melted)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Canola Oil, for frying
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Add sugar to the warm milk. Stir until dissolved. Stir in the yeast and allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Place the eggs, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until combined.
- Add the the yeast to the bowl and mix again.
- Next, add the salt and begin adding the flour, one half cup at a time, until it is all incorporated. Do not over knead, dough will be a bit sticky.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and turn. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Roll dough out to ⅓ to ⅕ inch thickness. Cut with desired cutter.
- Place cut doughnuts on parchment, and allow to rise in a warm place until puffy
- Heat oil to 350 and cook until golden on both sides. It should be around 10 seconds per side.
- Remove from oil and pat with paper towels.
- Once doughnuts are cooked, mix together glaze ingredients. Whisk together until smooth.
- Place a cooling rack on a cookie sheet or with wax/parchment paper underneath.
- Dip doughnuts in glaze and place on the cooling rack allowing the excess glaze to drip on the cookie sheet or wax/parchment paper.
- Allow to dry for about 10 minutes and dip again. Top with sprinkles right after dipping the second time. Allow to dry and enjoy.
Recipe by Real Mom Kitchen at http://realmomkitchen.com/10330/heart-shaped-glazed-doughnuts/