First off, let me just apologize for all the trouble the past few days. We didn’t anticipate issues with switching servers but it has turned into a mess. My sweet hubby has been doing the who switch over for me. It is still has problems so we switched back to my original server. My smart hubby has figured out a way now to work on the site in the meantime, get it all fixed and then when it is ready we can make the official switch. So, we should be good for now and when we switch it should hopefully be no big deal. Now on to the recipe!
My favorite way to top my hot cocoa or hot chocolate with whipped cream. So to finish off hot cocoa/chocolate week I have to yummy whipped cream recipes to top your cup off with. First up is a easy peppermint whipped cream I loved this on top of the sweet slow cooker hot chocolate and best ever cocoa mix.
If you use it right away you get little crunchy bits of candy cane in it. If you let it sit a bit the candy canes completely dissolve for a deliciously creamy topping. It would also work well to serve on top of anything else that would taste good with peppermint – chocolate pie, brownies, cupcakes, etc. It also turns a beautiful pink color.
Next is marshmallow whipped cream. This recipe is where two of the favorite hot cocoa toppers meet to make one fabulous way to finish off a steamy hot cup of cocoa. I like to let the marshmallows sit in the cream for a bit before using it. Them the marshmallows get all puffy and soft.
Peppermint Whipped Cream
- 6 red and white peppermint candy canes or 24 red and white mini peppermint candy canes
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- Unwrap your candy canes and place them in a blender or food processor. I like to break them into pieces as I add them to the blender.
- Process until the candy canes util they are a fairly fine powder.
- In another bowl, whip cream until firm. No need to add sugar. The sweetness will come from the candy canes.
- Fold in the candy cane powder in the cream. Use immediately to top you cocoa if you like little pieces of crunchy candy cane in it (This is the way I like it). Or place in the refrigerator for 2 hours and allow the candy canes to completely dissolve.
Marshmallow Whipped Cream
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 1-2 Tbsp powdered sugar (I like it sweet so I use 2 Tbsp)
- dash of vanilla
- 1-2 cups mini marshmallows (I use 1 1/2 cups)
- In a bowl, whip cream until firm.
- Blend in sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in marshmallows. Use immediately to top cups of hot coca if desired. Or place in the fridge for a few hours and the marshmallows will puff up and soften. This is the way I like to use it.