When I saw a recipe claiming to be the best hot cocoa mix ever, it was a challenge for me. ”Oh yah, we’ll just see about that!” is what I said to myself. I have tried many cocoa mixes in my life and feel I could have a fair opinion to the claim. I mean I could be considered a amateur connoisseur of hot cocoa mixes.
I must say that this darn well could be the best hot cocoa mix ever. The other mix I shared this week is great and I love it, but this one is more sophisticated. Sophistication always seems to come from Europe and this mix uses Dutch processed cocoa. Now don’t be alarmed by the “Dutch processed” cocoa powder. You should be able find it in the good old grocery store. ”Dutch processing” is just a way of processing the cocoa powder which is suppose to give it a mild yet more chocolaty flavor.
The cocoa mix cold also qualify as a hot chocolate because you blend up white chocolate chips into the mixture. With the combination or the dutch cocoa powder and the white chocolate chips – you get a very full and rich flavored coca from a mix. You also mix this one into milk instead of hot water also adding the the flavor of your cup of cocoa. So there you go, this just could be the best ever cocoa mix!
- 3 cups non-fat dry milk
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (4-1/2 ounces (Dutch processed cocoa)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place the dry milk and white chocolate chips into a food processor (I think a good blender could work also). Process in the ingredients in the food processor until it becomes a nice powder.
- Add the powder to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Whisk together until well blended with no clumps. (The white chocolate/dry milk mixture likes to clump together)
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make hot cocoa, add ⅓ cup of this mixture into 1 cup of hot milk (I even used Skim) and stir until well combined and the mixture has dissolved.