Today’s hot chocolate recipe all comes together in a slow cooker. This recipe also calls for a can of sweetened condensed milk which gives it some extra sweetness. The thing I love about this recipe is if you give the hot chocolate a good whisking after it is finished you can get a little frothy top on it. Mmmmmmm.
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 cups milk (I used Skim)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker and stir until the condensed milk is well blended into the mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours - whisking it every 30 minutes.
- Once the 2 hours is up give it a final whisk and serve. Makes about 12 (1 cup) servings.
Recipe adapted from What’s For Dinner?