Christmas is getting closer and the days are getting crazier between shopping, parties, and Christmas programs at school etc. This whole week is dedicated to fast and easy dinners so you can still enjoy that family meal time at home without have to rely on a fast food restaurant for dinner.
Hopefully you will have the ingredients already in your house. If not they will be fairly easy to pick up while running those last minute Christmas errands.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. box or pkg of mini farfalle or mini bow tie pasta
- 24 oz jar or spaghetti sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- Parmesan cheese, if desired
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. I use the mini because they cook in about 7 minutes.
- After pasta is cooked, drain. Return to pot and toss with the olive oil.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the pasta and stir to coat.
- Next, add the cooked ground beef, seasonings, mozzarella cheese and sour cream to the pasta. Fold together and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 6.