This week is another fun filled theme week at RMK – Christmas breakfast! Usually on Christmas morning, I always make my overnight orange pull aparts. I have even made a cinnamon version, a chocolate version, and a coconut pecan version. This year I found a similar version to make that doesn’t take overnight but would be so easy to throw together Christmas morning because it uses canned biscuit dough.
This is so easy, it takes about 5 minutes to put together and 20 minutes to bake. My whole family devoured this entire thing in no time. It was sticky, it was ooey, and it was oh so gooey. It was the perfect breakfast treat. It is so easy even the kids could make it.
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C. chopped pecans, optional
- ¼ C. chopped almonds, optional
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter and syrup; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
- Place half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the bundt pan and sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the biscuits ,evenly spaced and overlapping, in the bottom of the pan to form a ring.
- Pour the remaining syrup over the biscuits and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.
Recipe adapted from All Things Delicious.