I recently created this recipe for Chicken Tostadas. My family loves Mexican food and I am always looking for fun and new ways to cook it. I especially love to cook the meat for my Mexican meals in the slow cooker. Now even though I made tostadas with this meat you can use it for whatever you like. I used leftover chicken for a taco salad and it was also fabulous. I think tacos would be another good use. This meat is tender with just a little heat and kick of lime. It is just the right amount of spice to make it family friendly.
I also have winner of the Betty Crocker prize pack that includes VIP coupons and the baking tools courtesy of Betty Crocker and MyBlogSpark– it’s BethieofVA who said “I would love to make the Robot cake for my son Travis. He will be five in June and loves to play robot wars with his dad. It is a game Travis made up. Your daughter’s party looks like it was a grand time, fit for a princess.” Congratulations!
Chile Lime Chicken Tostadas
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 diced medium onion
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can fat free refried beans, warmed
- 10 tostada shells
- Desired toppings such as: shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, salsa, light sour cream, sliced olives, guacamole
- Add chicken and onion to a slow cooker that is at least 3 1/2 quarts.
- In a bowl combine green chilies, garlic, chili powder, and lime juice. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Mix in 1/2 cup of juice remaining in slow cooker to the shredded chicken.
- Spread warmed refried beans on tostada shells.
- Top with hot chicken mixture and any other desired toppings.