If you still have some turkey hanging out in your freezer from Thanksgiving, then I have another great way to use up you leftovers. If you don’t have turkey, no worries because chicken works just as well.
This dish comes together quickly and is somewhat of a main dish take off of the good old green bean casserole. This is a family favorite I have been making for years. It came from a coupon section from a Sunday newspaper about a decade ago. This one dish meal is a definite pleaser at my house.
If you don’t like to use the canned cream of mushroom soup, I included a recipe at the bottom of the recipe that should work as a substitute.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can cut or french style green beans, drained
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of mushroom soup **see note below
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 (2.75 oz) can french fried onions
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, soup, turkey, rice and milk.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with fried onions and bake for 10 more minutes. Serves 4 to 6.